Fri, 02 Dec|
MidKent College UCM Building
KFE TLA Mini-Con 3
KFE TLA Mini-Con 1 is our third f2f conference since the Covid pandemic and is focused on teaching, learning and assessment / CPD. It takes place on 2nd Dec 2022 at MKC's Maidstone Campus in the UCM Building. Focus is: Active Learning / Retrieval Practice / Digital Utilisation & Immersive Tech.
Time & Location
02 Dec 2022, 08:45 – 14:00
MidKent College UCM Building, Midkent College, Oakwood Rd, Tonbridge Rd, Maidstone ME16 8AQ, UK
About The Event
Please refer to most recent programme on the events page for full programme, sessions and timings!
KFE TLA Staff Mini-Con 3: Active Learning / Retrieval Practice / Digital Utlisation & Immersive Learning Tech
The registration for this event will open - 1st November and closes noon 25th November 2022 at www.kentfurthereducation.org
The workshop numbers are limited for these sessions to ensure more in-depth professional exchange, so early registration is recommended. The exact timing of sessions is to be confirmed.
This will be held at: MidKent College - Maidstone Campus 2nd December 2022 - Arrivals 8:45am - 9:10am, Start 9am - 2pm inlcuding netorking lunch 1-2pm.
This conference is face to face* with post workshop networking lunch. The conference is free to all KFE partner college staff that register. External guests are invitation only and may include staff representatives from FE Sussex and FEDEC.
The maximum conference places available is limited to 65 initially on the basis of up to 20 per college organisation.
Overall Conference Aims:
All sessions are aimed at supporting and informing academic teaching and support staff around the issues in the theme subjects. The sessions may also be helpful to some support service staff also working in these strand subject areas.
The aim is to:
- Help build confidence in our staff working primarily in teaching, learning and assessment roles
- Improve how each college, and collectively how our KFE colleges provide operational support / whole college approaches for the strand subjects
- Materially improve services to our learners (and staff where applicable)
- Enable a more intensive CPD conference with face to face professional networking time built in
- Support an knowledge exchange culture across the colleges’ professional staff teams working in TLA and related areas impacting on learner outcomes.
The provisional programme is as follows:
1. 8:45 - 9:10am - Arrivals (Tea & Coffee / water / juices / pastry)
2. 9:15am - Welcome and Initial Presentations
3. 10am - Workshop Strands Commence
3. 10:45 - 11:00am - Break Window (Tea & Coffee / water)
4. 1pm - Workshop Strands Close
5. 1-2pm - Networking Lunch (Light Lunch - Take-away bag options)
Please complete all requested fields in the registration process using the site's portal. Pay special attention to choosing your sessions if you plan to attend more than one Strand or workshop to avoid clashes. For this conference we fo however hope to be able to ensure all delegates participate in all workshops.
Note: Covid safe risk assessment and mitigating protocols will be applied to this event.
Date for the Diary: The KFE TLAC22 will be on the morning of 10th February 2023 as a virtual event.
Note this is a free conference for KFE college staff and invited guests only.
All registrations will be verified before event joining information is confirmed to delegates.